Tuesday, January 8, 2013

the good, the bad, the ugly

The Good: even though I had to do it on the floor of my cubicle at work, I did my daily plank and held it for 45s. Again, I could probably have gone longer, but I want to keep to my plan to build gradually. I can feel the work. I'm focusing on that.

The Bad: yesterday's work out (on the heels of Sunday's heavy squats) has left my legs sore and aching. Kept me up a good bit of the night and as I have suggested, sleep doesn't come easy to me these days. So I'm tired and kinda grumpy. I'm trying my best to keep it to myself though.

The Ugly: I know I said these efforts are not about the numbers - and I stick to that - but I'm weighing in weekly anyway as a more quantifiable measure of my progress. But when I stepped on that scale today, I was sorely disappointed.

I gave up my soda and all of its sugary, caffeinated goodness. I've been eating small, regular meals (I have a history of skipping breakfast and then snacking late into the night). I'm exercising almost daily. I'm drinking lots of water. And there has been no change what so ever. None. Zilch. Nada.

I know it shouldn't bother me. That's why this is not supposed to be about the numbers. But I confess that it does. Maybe it's the fatigue talking.

I'm sticking to my efforts though. Maybe eventually I'll see it where I want to see it (like the way my clothes are fitting or increased stamina on the soccer pitch). I'm going to hold out even if it makes me wanna throw a bit of a tantrum.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment