Tuesday, January 15, 2013

At Least I Did My Plank

Today has been cold, dreary, and drizzly. And all I have wanted to do is crawl back into my flannel PJs and a warm blanket. Maybe I'd even bring a book along.

What I actually did was sit at my desk and dream of hot chocolate and a steamy bowl of soup.

To make matters worse, I am seriously sore from yesterday's workout. My legs tremble at the sight of stairs and my shoulders ache as if I just had a round of immunizations.

So today has turned into a down day. I've eaten too much and I wimped out on going to the gym for my date with the treadmill.

But at least I did my plank. I tried a tip suggested by a fellow participant of the "planks a lot" challenge organized by my pal over at One Tough Mother Runner. I watched a video of Wonder Boy and some friends bebopping to "Let's Dance" for the Wii while holding my plank. It did help take my mind off of my trembling body. And I managed to hold on for 1 minute & 25 seconds. But I'll be honest, the last 20 seconds were a blur. I wanted so bad to let my belly sag 'til it hit the floor. But I held on and met my goal for the day. I'm especially glad since it was the only goal I met today.

I am thankful that tomorrow is a new day. And a new chance to meet some goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment