Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jan 30 - WOD

Today has been, well ... a challenge. But it wasn't a physically challenging kind of day, so I am not going to prattle on about it.

Today's WOD was called "Gwen" and it is made up of 3 rounds of clean & jerks. In the first round, you are to do 15 repetitions without stopping to rest or even set down the bar (just "tap and go"). In the second round you do 12 reps. And in the third round, 9 reps.

There are rules, like you are supposed to use the same weight throughout. And, as I mentioned, you cannot set down the bar, even to re-grip. If you cannot do the full number of reps, or if you set down the bar, you have to start the set completely over. Though at least there is no time component to this workout.

I kept to a safe weight (65#). I think I could have done a bit more, but I wanted to make sure I didn't need to set down the bar a any point and have to add to the workload. That plan worked. I will definitely bump it up next time.

I actually got more comfortable with the exercise with every set. I am thinking in order to do a better/heavier weight next time, I will do a really light warm up set first to give my knees a chance to loosen up.

So all in all, I am fairly happy with this WOD. I expect it to be more intense with a heavier weight, but after the day I lived today, perhaps I didn't need any extra help to reach the point of exhaustion.

I didn't get to my plank today. :+( Maybe I will try to work n 2 of them tomorrow to "catch up."

No comments:

Post a Comment