Monday, January 7, 2013

Core Values

Today I started a 'plank a day' challenge started by my good friend over at One Tough Mother Runner.

The goal is to do a plank a day and gradually increase your hold times in order to strengthen your core muscles.

I managed 30 seconds today.

Perhaps I could have done longer, but (1) I had forgotten the challenge until I was heading out the door for school/work and (2) I figure you gotta start somewhere and this is where I chose to start. The goal had only been 15 seconds, so I feel comfortable with this.

I am really hoping this will help to strengthen my core. We don't do a lot of direct ab work, but most of our crossfit workouts have some kind of core component, at least when trying to maintain proper form, etc. So in theory this should support those efforts. Double bonus (in my book)!

No comments:

Post a Comment