Saturday, January 5, 2013

Jan 5 - neighborhood jaunt

Saturdays are typically a cardio day. I got worried that the cold drizzly rain wouldn't stop in time and we'd be forced to head to the gym and back to the treadmills. But I need not have feared. It may not have been blue skies, but the temps were comfortable and there was no need for a rain coat.

About an hour before sun down, I grabbed the pink leash and my bully princess and we took off for a tour of the neighborhood. We are blessed to live in an area that has miles of sidewalk on which to run. Today we decided to explore an area where they are breaking ground on some new homes. I knew back there we wouldn't run into many (or any) other dogs. And as a bonus, we got to see a few new places going up.

I don't know the exact distance, but we ran for a bit over 30 minutes. Ran in my new Mizuno shoes and they did great on the pavement. I just won't wear them to the gym any more.

Tori, my wonder pup, also really enjoyed our time out. She's an Olde English Bulldogge, so running in the hot Texas summers is out of the question. But this cool crisp winter air puts a spring in her step (mine too). I am looking forward to our next jog through the 'hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment