Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jan 23 - WOD

Today Wonder Dad picked a "hero" workout for us. This one is called "Sean" and it consists of the following for each round:

11 - chest to bar pull ups
22 - front squats (75 lbs)

Now, you are supposed to do 10 rounds of that and record the time it takes you to do it.

Let's just say I didn't quite make it.

I finished 5.5 rounds at the 15 minute mark and threw in the towel.

I can't recall ever completing 66 pull ups (even the assisted ones that I do) and 110 front squats in a single workout. So rather than feel defeated that I couldn't do the prescribed workout, I am going to rechristen this WOD as "Half Sean"!

To cap things off, Wonder Dad joined me for my plank of the day. I hit 1 minute and 50 seconds, as was my goal. But for future reference, it is not advisable to do your plank after a WOD with more than 100 front squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment