Saturday, January 26, 2013

Jan 26 - WOD

Today's WOD was a bit different. We started with a pure strength component, 5 sets of deadlifts, 3 reps per set. Our goal was to hit a personal record on the 4th set.

Set 1: 205#
Set 2: 205#
Set 3: 215#
Set 4: 225#
Set 5: 205#

On my 4th set, I could only manage 2 reps. On the third rep, I just gave out. In fact, I got so light headed that I nearly fell over. I was pretty pleased to have hit that weight though. Always feels good to hit a new personal best!

Wonder Boy came out to watch and cheer us on. Once we were done, we took a little extra time to teach him the exercise. He did 3 reps of 65#. The kid only weighs 70#, so this was no small achievement.

To make sure we got our heart rate up, when we finished the Deadlifts, we went to the back porch to do some Muay Thai mitt drills. Wonder Boy started us off and did three 1 - minute rounds with 30 seconds rest in between. It was good to see that though he hasn't had a Muay Thai class in a couple of years now, he has retained most of his good technique.

When wonder Boy finished his work, he called out combinations for the two of us while we did our 3 rounds each.

. I've said it before and I'm sure I will say it again, but I truly love it when we can all work out together. Makes the time and effort seem more like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment