Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Jan 9 - WOD

Today's workout is based on the workout named "JT." For each round, we added a set of 30 jump rope revolutions. We call this WOD "Jumping JT."

Jumping JT looks like this:
21 handstand push-ups (box assisted for us)
21 dips
21 push-ups
30 jump rope revolutions
15 handstand push-ups
15 dips
15 push-ups
30 jump rope revolutions
9 handstand push-ups
9 dips
9 push-ups
30 jump rope revolutions

My time was 9 minutes and 40 seconds.

Not a bad workout. We wanted to do one that hit the upper body hard since our last few have hit the legs so hard. This one truly fit the bill. My shoulder gave out on the last set of dips and I could only do negatives. Hopefully the next time we try this one I will be able to perform all of the prescribed exercises.

In addition to this WOD, I did my plank of the day. I managed to hold for 1 minute. My whole body was shaking the last 15 seconds. I hope tomorrow is better.

Tomorrow is a run day. We will probably have to do that at the gym on the treadmill. At least that gives me a chance to try out my new shoes on the treadmill.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, GiGi - that is one hard core workout! So happy you are doing #planksalot with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough, but actually pretty fun, Wendy! I'm enjoying the challenge of the #planksalot challenge! So glad you organized it.

      Delete